- Understand and adhere to Scott Safety’s safety management system, policies, procedures and values
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained at all times.
- Ensures shop equipment is maintained and repaired, so that is safe and operational.
- Perform work in a safe and efficient manner
- Exercise considerable independent judgement in solving unusual work problems
- Will work closely with the Fleet Manager to coordinate daily activities.
- Assist with Maintaining facility and shop maintenance
- Assist with vehicle recovery
- Work on and repair a diverse fleet including, light and heavy vehicles. Experience on Heavy Duty equipment would be a benefit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team player and committed to safety and quality
- Dependable and reliable
- Computer Literate
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to make comprehensive decisions
- The ability to concentrate on detailed work
- The ability to perform lifting up to 50 lbs
- Journeyman Mechanics Certificate
- First Aid Ticket
- H2S Ticket
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Must provide a clean drivers abstract that is within 30 days of hire.
- Must reside in Whitecourt
- Clearance of a pre-screen D & A test
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. Scott Safety has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send your resume in to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance for your interest. After reviewing applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted