Scott Safety Supply Services Inc. is actively accepting resumes for the position of a
Journeyman Light Duty Mechanic
The position is a Full-time position including benefits after 3 months, compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Understand and adhere to Scott Safety’s safety management system, policies, procedures and values
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained at all times
- Ensures shop equipment is maintained and repaired, so that it is safe and operational.
- Exercise considerable independent judgement in solving unusual work problems.
- Work with General Manager and Operations Coordinators to coordinate daily activities
- Maintain facility and shop/yard maintenance
- Assist with vehicle recovery
- Work on and repair a diverse fleet including, light and heavy vehicles. Experience on Heavy Duty equipment would be a benefit
- Gather Vehicle repair quotes when needed
- Data entry on work orders, pre/post trips, maintenance records, vehicle registration
- Utilize fleet management program
- Ensure all CVIPS are tracked and booked accordingly
- Compliance with OH&S
- Ensure all fleet has required paperwork following provincial and federal laws
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Team player and committed to safety and quality
- Dependable and reliable
- Computer Literate
- Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to make comprehensive decisions
- Ability to concentrate on detailed work
- Ability to perform lifting up to 50+ lbs
- Journeyman Mechanics Certificate
- First Aid Ticket
- H2S Ticket
- Valid Class 5 (Class 3A Driver’s License would be an asset)
- Provide clean driver’s abstract that is within 30 days of hire
- Reside in Whitecourt and area.
- Clearance of a pre-screen D & A test
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. Scott Safety has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send your resume in to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you in advance for your interest. After reviewing applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted