Scott Safety Supply Services Inc. is currently accepting applications for Industrial Firefighters at our WHITECOURT locations. Ideal candidates will have previous relevant experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Must hold a valid NFPA 1001 or 1081 certificate
- Must be capable of operating fire pumps and all associated fire equipment
- Previous industrial firefighting experience
- Experience in the use of breathing apparatus and gas detection equipment
- Knowledge of NFPA regulations regarding fire protection services
- Valid class 3 driver’s license with air brakes, with clean drivers abstract
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate clear judgement in fast pace and high stress environment
- Physically capable of working in adverse environments and conditions
- Valid H2S Alive Certificate
- Valid First Aid Ticket Level C
- Valid Common Safety Orientation (Energy Safety Canada Certified)
- Support a healthy and safe work environment
- Set up and maintain firefighting and/or shower equipment as describe in specific procedures
- Provide firefighting, fire protection and emergency services
- Responsible for engaging in safety meetings and emphasis on specific hazards
- Ensure all required safety paperwork is complete, organized and submitted
- Maintaining equipment and ensure supplies are current and in working conditions
- Ensure fire truck is in excellent functioning conditions by completing pre-trips, and inventory checks.
- Operate company vehicle in a professional manner, in accordance to Scott Safety policy, highway traffic laws and any rules of operation in effect on privately owned roads
Pre-employment Drug Screening is Mandatory
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. Scott Safety has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send your resume in to email@example.com.
We thank you in advance for your interest. After reviewing applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.