Scott Safety Supply Services Inc. is currently accepting applications for Industrial Firefighters at our WHITECOURT and GRANDE PRAIRIE locations. Ideal candidates will have previous relevant experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Must hold a valid NFPA 1001 or 1081 certificate
- Must be capable of operating fire pumps and all associated fire equipment
- Previous industrial firefighting experience
- Experience in the use of breathing apparatus and gas detection equipment
- Knowledge of NFPA regulations regarding fire protection services
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with air brakes
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate clear judgement in fast pace and high stress environment
- Physically capable of working in adverse environments and conditions
- Valid H2S Alive Certificate
- Valid First Aid Ticket Level C
- Valid Petroleum Safety Training Certificate
- Preference will be shown to candidates that obtain a Class 3Q driver’s license; 5 year drivers abstract will be required
- Support a healthy and safe work environment
- Set up and maintain firefighting and/or shower equipment as describe in specific procedures
- Provide firefighting, fire protection and emergency services
- Responsible for engaging in safety meetings and emphasis on specific hazards
- Ensure all required safety paperwork is complete, organized and submitted
- Maintaining equipment and ensure supplies are current and in working conditions
- Ensure fire truck is in excellent functioning conditions by completing pre-trips, and inventory checks.
- Operate company vehicle in a professional manner, in accordance to Scott Safety policy, highway traffic laws and any rules of operation in effect on privately owned roads
Pre-employment Drug Screening is Mandatory
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. Scott Safety has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send your resume in to email@example.com.
We thank you in advance for your interest. After reviewing applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.