This role is responsible for providing timely and accurate administrative support to the VP HR and Safety. Primary responsibility is to provide support with the administration of new hires, tracking safety training and organizing, filing and recording of employee information into required databases. Success in this position demands exceptional customer service skills, strong administrative skills and an ability to learn and adapt quickly – with a high focus on accuracy, critical timelines and confidentiality.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide full administrative support to the VP of HR and Safety
- Conduct New hire orientations
- Assist the VP in the coordination and administration of the company safety and policy programs
- Auditing Safety forms
- Input inspections/audits into tracking system along with all follow up detail
- Input employee certification data and track for compliance
- Updating and Maintaining all Personnel files
- Fit Testing. Drug and Alcohol testing
- Auditing of drive logs
- Maintaining Isnet, Complyworks and Pics with the assistance of VP
- Assigning, tracking, and monitoring employee safety training programs
- Organizing, filing, and entering employee information in required computer programs
- Additional tasks may exist or may be added to this list over time but will continually fall under the categories of inputting data into tracking sheets, sorting and filing HR documentation, making copies of materials and forms used throughout the HR department and other basic administrative duties.
Requires a high school diploma, minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an HR administrator. Additional qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information and issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft word excel and outlook required. The ability to learn new programs quickly is essential.
- Problem solving – identifies an resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Must be able to work in a sometime stressful and hectic environment, be flexible and able to adapt to an ever–changing environment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety code and regulations, federal regulations, procedures, manuals.
- Proven interpersonal communication skills and effective written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow up skills
- Proven ability to work effectively independently and in a team to accomplish goals
- Must be able to interact with employees in a professional manner at all times
- Must reside in Whitecourt
Pre-employment drug screening is mandatory
This is an exceptional career opportunity for an individual who has initiative and drive to be part of a growing and thriving team. Scott Safety has excellent leadership and mentorship available. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send your resume in to firstname.lastname@example.org